LaFortune Services Program Manager Search
Student Activities is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the position of LaFortune Services Program Manager.
The application is available on the University of Notre Dame Human Resources website.
The projected start date for this position is June 2012.
The LaFortune Services Program Manager oversees the day-to-day customer service operations of the non-food service areas of LaFortune Student Center, student employee programs, parent-student services, and an e-commerce site. The Program Manager assigns and supervises the work activities of various student staffed work areas. The Program Manager will manage budgets for programs and services in excess of $500,000. This position will work with a team of administrators, support staff and student employees to develop and implement building policies and schedules, training programs, and other developmental activities for student employees. The Program Manager will work directly with these programs:
Student employee training, development and supervision
Student Center Employees
- LaFortune Student Building Managers (4PM-1AM weekdays, 8AM-1AM weekends)
- LaFortune Information Desk & Box Office Attendants (9AM-midnight daily)
- ND Cake Service
- Adworks Ad Agency
Other Student Employees
- Financial Analyst
- Student Center Employees
Student Shop ND e-commerce program
- Manage day-to-day order fulfillment with the support of the Staff Assistant and student employees
- Advertise service to recognized student groups and residence halls to expand online offerings
- Control inventory of merchandise
- Ensure quality control of all aspects of the operation
Manage the day-to-day operations of the LaFortune Information Desk & Box Office
- Ensure that the most accurate campus information is disseminated in a professional manner
- Administer a merchandise inventory program
Accounting and financial work
- Ensure compliance with the Credit Card Support Program (CCSP)
- Reconcile all expenses and income for service all service areas (6 budgets totaling $500,000)
- Analyze budgets of all revenue generating programs (with active participation from student employees) to provide frequent updates on performance of all operations
Coordinate parent service programs, including:
- Final exams care package program
- Summer linen mailing for first year students
- End of year shipping program
- Manage the saoatyourservice.nd.edu website
- Coordinate LaFortune Student Center open house (held annually in September)
- Coordinate Student Services Open House (for parents of first year students during orientation)
- Coordinate special events and billiards league in the newly renovated Gorch Games Room
- Staff supervision: Supervise a full-time staff assistant who is responsible for supporting student-run businesses and the information desk operation
This position works with a number of different constituencies across campus, exposing the Program Manager to a variety of functions of the University. This position reports to the Director in the Student Activities Facilities Department. The Program Manager is a team member of the larger Student Activities operation, which is an integral part of the Student Development Team of the Division of Student Affairs. The Program Manager will be expected to be actively involved in ACUI at both the regional and national level.
The Program Manager position is classified as an exempt administrator. Work hours include not only maintaining a schedule conducive to administrative operations of the university (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), but also frequent weekend and evening work. The Program Manager serves in an on-call capacity to answer student employee questions. Work on home football game days is required of all staff members in the Student Activities Facilities Department.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year professional work experience (graduate assistant or higher level) in a student center or student activities position is required.
- Proficiency with computer software is essential.
- A minimum of one year of budget management experience is required, preferably with revenue generating service programs in a student center environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and effective oral/written communication are critical.
- Must be highly organized and efficient at managing numerous programs and services concurrently.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of student life issues and the application of student development theory in the context of a student employee program is required.
- A commitment to student development in the Catholic Holy Cross tradition and a commitment to the University's Catholic identity is critical.
In addition to these requirements, preferred qualifications include:
- Master's degree in higher education administration, college student personnel or college student affairs is strongly preferred
- At least one year of student employee supervision
- Active participation in ACUI programs
- Previous experience in Catholic higher education
- Proficiency with meeting room audio-visual equipment
For more information, please visit the following links:
- Student Activities Facilities
- Division of Student Affairs
- Why Notre Dame
The city of South Bend, Indiana
For questions about this search, please contact:
LaFortune Services Program Manager Search Chair
Assistant Director of Student Activities
315 LaFortune Student Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556